Monday, May 31, 2010

Welcome Summer 2010

Time flies when you're living. . . not all is fun all of the time. Here is a glimpse of my life over the past few months:

Taught clinical all semester long for LPN students on a cardiac/med-surg unit. Interesting stuff. I learned a lot as did the students.

Decided that I would transfer back to Gonzaga University to finish my Masters degree. The focused educator track at Gonzaga vs the general MSN offered by Benedictine University fits me so much better. So I'm waiting to find out what course I can take at GU starting on June 14th.

After 86 years on this good earth, Grandpa Eckes passed away last Wednesday. He was ill and suffering so it was a blessing that he did not linger. It is never easy to let someone go though. We hold onto this life so much - but we know we have something far better with Christ.

My garden is planted. Lesson learned this year: wear sunscreen on my lower back or get a 2nd degree sunburn when my shirt rides up while bending over. Yup, not pleasant. Day 9 & still peeling & uncomfortable. Nice. . . (discovered aloe with lidocaine)

Landscaping underway - this is a work in process. We'll see how it all works out. I love sharing perennials!!! Great way to build a diverse environment.

We are psyched for our trip to DisneyWorld! Will share pics once we're back. Can't wait. Will be the first time flying for the boys.

New nephew, Eli Thomas Vander Heiden, was born on May 14th. He IS a CUTIE! I got to be part of the birth. How cool is that? So excited for my younger brother, Rob, and his wife, Lindsay. Congrats you guys! He is a keeper!

Started painting Spencer's room. . . one coat of light blue paint applied. . .then we got a little busy. . .so now we need to go get the paint super shaken again (is that what you call it?). Maybe we will get that done before our trip??? Hmmm, we will see.

Spencer & Parker started soccer for the summer. Their first game is this week. Carter gets to be a watcher again this year. Next year we will get him started in organized sports. Is it terrible that we didn't get him into some this summer? I guess this is a situation where we are trying to maintain some sanity. . . next year we will don the taxi driver hats & invest in some roller blades so we can keep up with the boys' schedules. Gotta love it!

I am sure I am missing something. . . but that is what I can think of right now. Evidently, my computer, or one that hooked up to my network, sent out some spam emails. We got a nasty gram from Time Warner Road Runner. . . so now I need to go run a bunch of malware remover applications. Oh the joys! I bet it was from turning on the PC the other day. My laptop would never do such a thing. . . right? Nothing is showing up as of yet. . .guess I will have to turn the dinosaur on again to run some checks on that beast. So, if you get anything strange from me, it probably wasn't really me. . . just saying:)


Jennifer B

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very nice fantastic...its amazing visit naukri batao
mponline

Kavya said...

Apply Here