- Disney World in June - wow! HOT! Fun! Went too fast but was happy to get home. Discovered that the big amusement parks are probably better suited for older kids. Ours would have preferred to stay at the condo & swim in the pool. Totally awesome condo!
- Grad school is full speed ahead! I started a summer session while we were in Florida. . . so that was a bit taxing. . . but I made it through that class, had a couple weeks off & now am busting my butt with 8 credits this semester. That is BUSY in grad school terms. I will survive (right?).
- Spencer & Parker played soccer this summer. They were on the same team (yay!) so that made it a little less hectic. They had a blast! It is so fun to see them working as a team.
- Carter broke his left arm this summer. He fell from the top of a slide while on a fieldtrip for daycare. He recovered very well. Nothing slows him down. . . .seriously, nothing. . .
- I am a Godmother again! My younger brother, Rob, and his wife, Lindsay, had little Eli Thomas baptized this summer. He is so stinkin' cute. My boys cannot wait for Eli to be big enough to rough house with. (Paybacks Rob - that is all I have to say!)
- My boys started school on September 1st. ALL 3 OF THEM! My baby got on the school bus for the first time - he is in 4K half days. I teared up quite a bit. . . yeah, okay, I bawled like a baby as I followed the bus to school. Hey, the other boys didn't start school until kindergarten! This was a big event. He did very well. Spencer is in 4th grade already. Parker is in 3rd. I just can't believe how quickly they are growing up (tear, tear).
- I GOT MY BRACES OFF!!! Break out the corn on the cob, taffy, caramel, nuts & everything else you are not supposed to eat while wearing braces!!! Just kidding - well, kind of. Right after the bus following mentioned above, I drove to the orthodontist & endured the wrenching & prying involved in the removal process. Then I went to the chiropractor:) It feels great to not be ripping my mouth to shreds.
- I got another job. . . note "another." I still work casual as a labor & delivery nurse (by casual, I mean that I try to squeeze a short shift in here & there. . .sometimes praying I do get low censused so I can sleep or eat). I still pick up nursing clinical through NWTC - next one begins in a couple of weeks. My newest job is teaching online for Rasmussen College. I am scheduled to teach Medical Law & Ethics this fall term. This should be interesting. I'm looking forward to it.
That is the quick update. I hope to get some pics posted eventually. . . I'm on Facebook - so you can check them out there too:)