Saturday, December 06, 2008

Yup, no title. . . couldn't remember how to make one up. Oh, could that be because I have SO MUCH to do that I'm doing NOTHING???? Yup, could be. I'm a great ProCrastinaTor!!! Thank you very much. . . .

I would love to tell you that my Christmas shopping is done, that my decorations are up, that my tree is even purchased. . .let alone up, that my baking is at least planned & that my meal is delagated for Christmas brunch. . . but I can't lie. . . none of it is done. And what am I doing? Blog surfing.
Hey, I AM done applying to Grad School. It is up to the Admissions Committee at Gonzaga (think Basketball) University as to whether I will begin my Masters in Nursing this January. Actually, they are still probably waiting to hear what miserable score I got on my MAT. (BTW, that test is just downright silly. How does that test help to determine how well I will do teaching prospective nursing students? It's the 21st Century, people!)
I have a date tonight! We go out together monthly, time permitting. Tonight is the night. We have a gift card to Gratzies ~ and I've never been there. We usually go out & come home after the babysitter has gotten the boys to bed. Hey, if we're going to pay a sitter. . .they may as well do the big bedtime task, right?
Scott is going to the Packer game tomorrow. Maybe I'll get some of my crafy Christmas gifts at least worked on then??? Yeah, probably not. . . Don't know what the weather holds. . .but it's bound to be FRIGID which means the boys will be inside & seeking entertainment. I can attempt some craftiness. .. but it will more than likely be interrupted. That's OK. We do love watching the game together.

So, I hope to get a few crafted/sewn items completed for gifts. I love the crowns, capes & super hero ideas for my youngest & my nephew. My niece needs a new dolly blanket. My MIL might get a quilt IF I can get it done by then. . .otherwise, she might end up getting that for Mother's Day. Which reminds me, MY OWN MOTHER should probably get one for then too. I would also LOVE to get a quilt done for each of my boys during the next year. Do you think I can pull that off? Hmmm. . . we'll see. I really like the idea of having them help in some way. Oh, did I mention that I'd like to paint the boys' rooms sometime too? They have just beige walls & it's so boring. Maybe I'll call on the Manic mood. . . (no, I'm not bipolor) so I can get things done. I have high hopes. . .but not a very good plan. I need to plan for all of this. Then I'll get it done. . .right?. . .right....
I'm going to make a list right now. . . if only I could find my desk. . . .

2 comments:

Bridget said...

I wish I had good excuses for not decorating like you do, you are busy busy. I'm just lazy ;o).

When you make your quilts you have to post them, I want to see!

Rachel Berry said...

You are busy!! Hope you had a great date night! ;)

Can't wait to see your projects and thanks for the link to the everything your mama made blog! She rocks!!